print / print preview problem
Author Message
 print / print preview problem

A drawing app in MM_LOENGLISH, with 8.5x11 page size.

A simple drawing - a corner to corner "X"
  moveto(0,0); lineto(849,-1099);
  moveto(0,-1099); lineto(849,0);
looks fine in my window. But in both print and print preview
it seems to be adjusted down and right a bit (1/4" or so). But
other than that it's fine - correct size and orientation.

Any idea who is doing me this "favor" and how I might convince them to stop ?

By the way ... When printing, both the window org and viewport org are (0,0)

Setting 0's in the Print Setup/Properties/Unprintable Area dialog
has no efect.

Sending the following postscript to the printer works correctly
  save initgraphics .72 .72 scale 0 1100 translate newpath
  0 0 moveto 849 -1099 lineto 0 -1099 moveto 849 0 lineto
  stroke showpage restore ^D

Sun, 01 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 print / print preview problem

Steve,

Have you added the printer offsets?  If not, try the following ...

 // Poll the printer for its offsets

 int devOffsetX = GetDeviceCaps(PHYSICALOFFSETX);
 int devOffsetY = GetDeviceCaps(PHYSICALOFFSETY);

Wendy

Quote:

?

>By the way ... When printing, both the window org and viewport org are
(0,0)

>Setting 0's in the Print Setup/Properties/Unprintable Area dialog
>has no efect.

>Sending the following PostScript to the printer works correctly
>  save initgraphics .72 .72 scale 0 1100 translate newpath
>  0 0 moveto 849 -1099 lineto 0 -1099 moveto 849 0 lineto
>  stroke showpage restore ^D

Tue, 03 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing/Print preview problem with CRichEditView.

2. Printing / Print Preview problem?

3. Print/print preview problem W2K vs Win98

4. A Printing /Print Preview Problem

5. Printing/Print preview problem with CRichEditView.

6. Printing / Print Preview problem?

7. Rich Edit Control Printing Problem (like the print preview problem)

8. Print Preview Control and Print Preview Dialog - need some help ASAP

9. Newbie Problem with Printing and Print Preview

10. print preview and printing problem

11. Print preview / print problem

12. Newbie Problem with Printing and Print Preview