Starting a Dialog based application (MFC)
Author Message
 Starting a Dialog based application (MFC)

Hi
How can I start a dialog based application minimezed, using MFC ?
I tried with a "ShowWindow(SW_HIDE)" in the "OnInitDialog()" but it doesn't
worked (I think because there's nothing to SW_HIDE yet)

 Thanks!

 hM

Tue, 24 Aug 2004 07:56:25 GMT
 Starting a Dialog based application (MFC)
PostMessage a user-defined message from OnInitDialog and when it is received, minimize the
window. The reason is that the dialog logic will force the window visible and restored.
                                joe

Quote:

>Hi
>How can I start a dialog based application minimezed, using MFC ?
>I tried with a "ShowWindow(SW_HIDE)" in the "OnInitDialog()" but it doesn't
>worked (I think because there's nothing to SW_HIDE yet)

> Thanks!

> hM

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]

Web: http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer

Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:25:03 GMT
 Starting a Dialog based application (MFC)
Try this:
http://www.mooremvp.freeserve.co.uk/Win32/framed_tip026.htm

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Quote:
> Hi
> How can I start a dialog based application minimezed, using MFC ?
> I tried with a "ShowWindow(SW_HIDE)" in the "OnInitDialog()" but it
doesn't
> worked (I think because there's nothing to SW_HIDE yet)

>  Thanks!

>  hM

Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:58:59 GMT

1. Adding Another MFC Dialog to the Dialog base application

2. Start a dialog based application minimized

3. Starting dialog based application minimised

4. dialog based mfc app that starts without showing the main window

5. Dialog based MFC application problem

6. dynamic drawing with dialog based MFC application

7. How to enable/disable Toolbar button in Dialog Based MFC application

8. MFC dialog based application exit code

9. in MFC dialog based application call Win32 Dll fail

10. dialog based MFC app. application file types

11. MFC Dialog based Application w/no buttons?

12. Drawing frame on a Dialog based MFC application