Launch dialog from Floating Tool Bar by double clicking on a button
Author Message
 Launch dialog from Floating Tool Bar by double clicking on a button
I am trying to launch a dialog window by double-clicking on a tool bar button but
can't seem to get the main window to pick up the double click event. Does anyone
have any idea how I might to this ?

Colin

Tue, 27 May 2003 23:37:09 GMT
 Launch dialog from Floating Tool Bar by double clicking on a button
I don't think you can get a double click message from a button unless you
derive your own class and do it. I've never tried this though.

I am trying to launch a dialog window by double-clicking on a tool bar
button but
can't seem to get the main window to pick up the double click event. Does
anyone
have any idea how I might to this ?

Colin

Wed, 28 May 2003 00:08:33 GMT
 Launch dialog from Floating Tool Bar by double clicking on a button
You can try either of these:

1. Derive your own toolbar and handle double click

OR

2. Override PreTranslateMessage of your mainframe window. You might this
message there.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Note: Please post all replies to newsgroup only.

I am trying to launch a dialog window by double-clicking on a tool bar
button but
can't seem to get the main window to pick up the double click event. Does
anyone
have any idea how I might to this ?

Colin

Wed, 28 May 2003 01:11:38 GMT

1. Have to dbl click tool bar button?

2. Single click & double click the same button

3. debugging program launch after double click on file icon

4. Launching application with double click

5. double-click launch

6. debugging program launch after double click on file icon

7. Newbie : Adding Menu Bar and Tool Bar to Dialog Based App

8. Disable double click event on Title bar of SDI

9. Handling a double click in the title bar

10. double clicking icons in a status bar

11. status bar hidden under START bar (quick-launch bar)

12. Click 1 button = click 2 button?