rich edit control without TAB, ENTER, BACKSPACE functionality
Author Message
 rich edit control without TAB, ENTER, BACKSPACE functionality

Hello,

I'd like to get rid of the built-in functionality for special control codes
in rich edit controls.
For example, I want the TAB character not to expand to white-spaces but to
show a certain character instead.
I've got some custom fonts, that need to use all 256 characters for 'real'
characters, but rich edit controls won't show the characters that have the
code for TAB, ENTER, BACKSPACE and LINEFEED.
Is there any approach to change this standard behavior without the need to
write a custom control?

Thanks in advance

Dang

Tue, 29 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 rich edit control without TAB, ENTER, BACKSPACE functionality
Unfortunately, I know of no way around this. Generally, if you use all
256 characters of the character set you will find yourself in deep
trouble, because much of the known universe insists on predefined
meanings for all characters in the range 00-1F. If ANY character in
this range actually displays itself, be surprised and grateful. Of
course, one alternative it is use the Unicode version of the control
(which you can do even in an ASCII-only application) but I've not
explored the mysteries of Unicode font specifications.
                                joe

On Fri, 11 Dec 1998 02:50:02 -0800, "Andreas Koch"

Quote:

>Hello,

>I'd like to get rid of the built-in functionality for special control codes
>in rich edit controls.
>For example, I want the TAB character not to expand to white-spaces but to
>show a certain character instead.
>I've got some custom fonts, that need to use all 256 characters for 'real'
>characters, but rich edit controls won't show the characters that have the
>code for TAB, ENTER, BACKSPACE and LINEFEED.
>Is there any approach to change this standard behavior without the need to
>write a custom control?

>Thanks in advance

>Dang

Joseph M. Newcomer

http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tabs in Rich Edit control

2. Rich edit control problem (Focus not changing with tab)

3. Rich Edit Controls & Tabs

4. rich edit control: tab and indent

5. Tab stop in rich edit control

6. Tabs in Rich Edit control

7. Paste Without Formatting in a Rich Edit Control

8. Using Rich Edit Control or ip address control in a composite control

9. Rich edit text box (ocx) Tab problem

10. Processing TAB and ENTER (RETURN) from edit box in dialog

11. Composite Control using rich edit control question

12. Rich edit control on Control dialog bar