Need answer for probably very simple question...
Author Message
 Need answer for probably very simple question...

Hi All,

I obtained the VC++ source for an MFC app called JoltX.  I'm making a variety of changes to it but there is one thing that I am
completey stuck on.

The project workspace is called JoltX... as well as the project, JoltX.dsp.  In addition, the term JoltX is plastered all over the
code so it is near impossible for me to find.

THe point is that I would like to change the title text of the modified JoltX program to something other than 'JoltX'... how can I
do this???

BTW... I am new to Visual C++ programming so I hae little doubt that my question is somewhat of a dumb one.

Thanks for any and all help.

Thanks again.

TB

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 00:20:41 GMT
 Need answer for probably very simple question...
Not a dumb question at all, but a frequently asked one.  The project and
workspace files (.dsp and .dsw) are both text files, so they can be
opened in the source editor just like a .cpp or .h (or any other text
file).  (Of course, don't open them while the project is opened.)

Once opened there, you can do a simple text search and replace of
"JoltX" with "TBsSuperDuperNewApp" or whatever.
Rename any files that have the "JoltX" in their names.
Open all text files and do a search and replace within them.
Delete any files in your workspace with these extensions: .aps, .opt,
.ncb, .res, .obj, .pch, .bsc (did I miss any?)
Once all this is done, you should be able to open the workspace again,
and have your new names with no problem.

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 02:37:02 GMT
 Need answer for probably very simple question...
Hi Scot,

Thanks alot for the quick answer... I'm on to follow your advice right now.  :)

Thanks again... BIG TIME!!!

TB

Quote:
> Not a dumb question at all, but a frequently asked one.  The project and
> workspace files (.dsp and .dsw) are both text files, so they can be
> opened in the source editor just like a .cpp or .h (or any other text
> file).  (Of course, don't open them while the project is opened.)

> Once opened there, you can do a simple text search and replace of
> "JoltX" with "TBsSuperDuperNewApp" or whatever.
> Rename any files that have the "JoltX" in their names.
> Open all text files and do a search and replace within them.
> Delete any files in your workspace with these extensions: .aps, .opt,
> .ncb, .res, .obj, .pch, .bsc (did I miss any?)
> Once all this is done, you should be able to open the workspace again,
> and have your new names with no problem.

Sun, 14 Nov 2004 02:48:46 GMT

1. Help... V Simple Questions Need Answering

2. Simple problem across processes - need simplest answer

3. Form Questions... Probably easily answered

4. Simple (probably) C question...

5. Probably a simple question

6. Probably a Simple C Question for Everyone

7. Problem using atof (probably a simple question)

8. Probably a simple question

9. Realloc failure when downsizing (was Re: Probably a simple realloc() question)

10. Probably a simple realloc() question

11. Probably simple frame window question

12. Probably simple Dialog Box question