Brainstorming - Vector graphics ideas
Author Message
 Brainstorming - Vector graphics ideas

Hi all - you know Microsoft Paint (or Paintbrush), well I don't want to
rewrite this but I do want to write something similar. What I want is to be
able to draw a line or two, then move the cursor over this line, and select
the line and do something with it (ie change it's colour, it's thickness,
it's size, position). In otherwords, I want to be able to build up a list of
the lines in a document where each line in the document has/may have
different coordinates and other attributes. I want to be able to
individually manipulate all the lines with some selection tool.

What I've one so far is to create a main parent window with multiple child
windows displayed on it (each child window contains the line I've drawn with
private member variables indicating line thickness, coordinates etc). The
problem is that when what I've drawn contains 30 or 40 lines (30-40 child
windows) the programme is very slow on a redraw, main window resize etc.

I've designed my application poorly. Does anyone have any suggestions on the
approach I should adopt.
Thanks

Sun, 29 Jun 2003 04:54:12 GMT
 Brainstorming - Vector graphics ideas
Hi
You should see the DRAWCLI sample - ships with VC6.0
And SCRIBBLE too.
Vaclav Jedlicka

Quote:
> Hi all - you know Microsoft Paint (or Paintbrush), well I don't want to
> rewrite this but I do want to write something similar. What I want is to
be
> able to draw a line or two, then move the cursor over this line, and
select
> the line and do something with it (ie change it's colour, it's thickness,
> it's size, position). In otherwords, I want to be able to build up a list
of
> the lines in a document where each line in the document has/may have
> different coordinates and other attributes. I want to be able to
> individually manipulate all the lines with some selection tool.

> What I've one so far is to create a main parent window with multiple child
> windows displayed on it (each child window contains the line I've drawn
with
> private member variables indicating line thickness, coordinates etc). The
> problem is that when what I've drawn contains 30 or 40 lines (30-40 child
> windows) the programme is very slow on a redraw, main window resize etc.

> I've designed my application poorly. Does anyone have any suggestions on
the
> approach I should adopt.
> Thanks

Mon, 30 Jun 2003 06:12:21 GMT

1. Which graphic system should I use for vector graphics

2. DICOM, Vector graphics

3. How to read Vector Graphics in C# ??

4. C# Vector Graphics and DICOM support?

5. Vector Graphics library?

6. US-FL-Orlando Vector Graphics Programmer/Analyst Wanded

7. C, C++ Vector Graphics Programmer/Analyst Wanted

8. Vector Graphics

9. Diaplaying Vector Graphics

10. Diaplaying Vector Graphics

11. Diaplaying Vector Graphics