Jump to NTDLL during debug of MFC socket app
Author Message
 Jump to NTDLL during debug of MFC socket app

Hello,

I am working on an MFC Doc/View app that involves the use of CAsyncSockets.
During CWinApp::InitInstance while in De{*filter*}, the AfxSocketInit function returns
correctly, making me believe that Winsock has been initialized and the DLL
attached properly.  However, when I first execute the Create method from a class
that inherits from CAsyncSocket, and the Winsock "socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0)"
function in CAsyncSocket::Socket gets called, the de{*filter*} jumps to a disassembly
screen and flashes a dialog box that says...

"User breakpoint called from code at 0x77f9eea9"

...but I don't have any breakpoints set in my code.  The weird thing is that when
I execute this debug app outside of the de{*filter*}, it passes fine.  Does anyone
have any idea why I am experiencing this?

Thanks,
Kirk

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 02:25:37 GMT

1. My socket MFC app blocks some other socket apps

2. MFC app getting access violation in NTDLL.DLL

3. redirecting a debug string to the debug IDE window in non-MFC app (ala TRACE)

4. redirecting a debug string to the debug IDE window in non-MFC app (ala TRACE)

5. VC 7.1 - can't find correct MFC sources during debugging

6. MFC App failes during load

7. Can you help (was Jumping then jumping back again)

8. Access Violation (NTDLL.DLL): 0xC0000005 only in Debug Mode on NT and Win2k

9. NTDLL.DLL access violation in COM server only when *not* debugging

10. Strange Debug IDE Messages - NTDLL.DLL Access Violation

11. MFC App + Managed C++ : Release compiles, Debug DOESN'T (operator new issue)

12. Debug versions of Pre-VC6 MFC-generated apps do NOT seem to run at ALL