Converting CRecordSet Applications to CDaoRecordSet
Author Message
 Converting CRecordSet Applications to CDaoRecordSet

Hello All

Has Anyone had experience of  a application which uses CRecordSet Database
Classes to CDaoRecordset.  If so, did you encounter any major problems.

I look forward to your reply

Best Regards

Asif

Wed, 27 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting CRecordSet Applications to CDaoRecordSet

We just made a major change in one of our application that included changing
from CDatabase to CDaoDatabase.  Here are some of the things to watch out
for:

1: CTime to COleDateTime, Watch your consverions carefully.  This caused us
a ton of headaches!

2: If you are using Dao to pass through ODBC (for example using CDaoDatabase
connected to sybase) remember that this configuration does NOT like joined
tables in the DFX!  This too will cause you some major problems.

3: When doing the above, remember that ALL tables MUST have a unique index
or you can only open the table for read only.

4: Notice the RFX_Text is different than DFX_Text.

5: Remeber to change ALL instances of everything to Dao.  There are a few
hidden ones you might miss, for example in the DFX section.

The biggest problem we had was the attention to detail.  Of course we
modified over 40 CRecordsets, most with parameters passed to them, and the
joining code to create, open, use, anbd close these.  While it was a pain in
the but some times (especially when converting a simple join a huge query on
linked tables) it was finally worth the effort.

Hope that helps.

Bob

Quote:
>Hello All

>Has Anyone had experience of  a application which uses CRecordSet Database
>Classes to CDaoRecordset.  If so, did you encounter any major problems.

>I look forward to your reply

>Best Regards

>Asif

Wed, 27 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. CDaoRecordSet -- CDaoRecordSet -- CDaoRecordSet

2. CDaoRecordset/CRecordset/ODBC Question

3. Classes derived from CRecordset and CDaoRecordset

4. CRecordSet vs. CDaoRecordset

5. Converting MFC Application to Web Application

6. converting pocket pc application to desktop application

7. Error nvarchar with spaces converting to NULL by CRECORDSET (VC6 to VC7)

8. converting CRecordset to use ADO

9. CRecordset open causes application error

10. crecordset in command line application

11. Re-Establishing Data Source Connections in CRecordset-Based Applications

12. Help needed to convert Console Based appln to a MFC Application