Static vs Dynamic link of MFC library
Author Message
 Static vs Dynamic link of MFC library

Env: Win98, VC++ 6

Hello all

I've created a small email program that uses a thread for sending and
receiving data. Till today, the application worked whether it was both
linked statically or dynamically. I added some code (a small dialog box) to
do some more things. As a result when I trie to execute the application that
was linked statically, it won't work! it works only if it is dynamically
linked!! The program crashes in the second thread but the dialog box code is
asolutelly irrelevant with this thread!! Any help?

Tue, 29 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Static vs Dynamic link of MFC library
May be this can help you
*********************************
Can a multithreaded application access an MFC DLL in different threads?
Home |  Overview |  How Do I |  FAQ |  Details |  Sample

Multithreaded applications can access regular DLLs that dynamically link to
MFC and extension DLLs from different threads. And as of Visual C++ version
4.2, an application can access regular DLLs that statically link to MFC from
multiple threads created in the application.

Prior to version 4.2, only one external thread could attach to a regular DLL
that statically linked to MFC. For more information about restrictions
accessing regular DLLs that statically link to MFC from multiple threads
(prior to Visual C++ version 4.2), see the Knowledge Base article, "Multiple
Threads and MFC _USRDLLs" (Q122676).

Note that the term USRDLL is no longer used in the Visual C++ documentation.
A regular DLL that is statically linked to MFC has the same characteristics
as the former USRDLL.

Feature Only in Professional and Enterprise Editions   Static linking to MFC
is supported only in Visual C++ Professional and Enterprise Editions. For
more information, see Visual C++ Editions.

>Env: Win98, VC++ 6

>Hello all

>I've created a small email program that uses a thread for sending and
>receiving data. Till today, the application worked whether it was both
>linked statically or dynamically. I added some code (a small dialog box) to
>do some more things. As a result when I trie to execute the application
that
>was linked statically, it won't work! it works only if it is dynamically
>linked!! The program crashes in the second thread but the dialog box code
is
>asolutelly irrelevant with this thread!! Any help?

Thu, 31 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Static vs Dynamic MFC library

2. Dynamic vs static linking to MFC for portability

3. Static vs dynamic linking MFC classes

4. Socket with Static MFC vs Dynamic MFC

5. Static vs. Dynamic linking

6. Static vs Dynamic linking

7. Static vs Dynamic link

8. Static vs. Dynamic linking

9. Q: dynamic dll vs static library

10. dynamic and static link library

11. New vs.net static library project generates LINK errors

12. New vs.net static library project generates LINK errors