Regarding edit text boxes....
Author Message
 Regarding edit text boxes....

Two questions:
1) I have it selected as multiline in the dialog editor.  How do I actually
get things to go to another line?  If I add "\n\r" (like for static text) to
the string it just adds thick little lines to the text.

2) Once I get that working, how do I make the text box scroll to the bottom
whenever I add a new line of text?
I am implementing a kind of static window type deal, and every time I add
something, I want it to scroll to bottom so the new text can be viewed.

Thanks!
--
Adam

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 10:43:01 GMT
 Regarding edit text boxes....

Quote:

> Two questions:
> 1) I have it selected as multiline in the dialog editor.  How do I actually
> get things to go to another line?  If I add "\n\r" (like for static text) to
> the string it just adds thick little lines to the text.

> 2) Once I get that working, how do I make the text box scroll to the bottom
> whenever I add a new line of text?
> I am implementing a kind of static window type deal, and every time I add
> something, I want it to scroll to bottom so the new text can be viewed.

> Thanks!
> --
> Adam

Use "\r\n" to cause a line break.  Add text to the end with
m_edit.SetSel(-1,-1);
m_edit.ReplaceSel(czText);

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:42:07 GMT
 Regarding edit text boxes....
got it, thx

--
Adam

Quote:

> > Two questions:
> > 1) I have it selected as multiline in the dialog editor.  How do I
actually
> > get things to go to another line?  If I add "\n\r" (like for static
text) to
> > the string it just adds thick little lines to the text.

> > 2) Once I get that working, how do I make the text box scroll to the
bottom
> > whenever I add a new line of text?
> > I am implementing a kind of static window type deal, and every time I
add
> > something, I want it to scroll to bottom so the new text can be viewed.

> > Thanks!
> > --
> > Adam

> Use "\r\n" to cause a line break.  Add text to the end with
> m_edit.SetSel(-1,-1);
> m_edit.ReplaceSel(czText);

> --
> Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 12:04:04 GMT

1. Wrapping text in text box or edit box

2. list box text to edit box

3. press enter in an edit box and make it happen in an other edit box too

4. Change the background color of a dialog box and change text color of Edit Box, Static Text, Rich Edit

5. *** Edit box *** Edit Box *****

6. **** Edit box *** Edit box ***

7. rich text box flashes when editing

8. edit boxes and text field lengths