Obtaining icons....
Author Message
 Obtaining icons....

Hi,

This is a general question regarding application development.

I really lack artistic flare and was wondering if anyone new of a good way
to obtain icons to use in applications for things such as toolbar buttons
and imagelists, etc...

Thanks in advance!

Scott

Wed, 16 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Obtaining icons....

I usually go to internet sites who specialize in graphics.  try
www.desktoppublishing.com which you can select there ICON Gallery
where there will be 100's of free Icon site lsitings.  In fact, one
great site is Rany Ralph's ICON Bazaar.  You''ll have to use Altavista
to get the address since i don't remember it off hand.

Charles Steinhardt[MVP]

Thu, 17 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Obtaining icons....

Alternatively try opening an EXE or a DLL in VC++ (Open As --> Resource)
and browse it's resources. Customizing these icons/bitmaps is easier than
designing one from scratch.

HTH,

Mandar

Quote:
> Hi,

> This is a general question regarding application development.

> I really lack artistic flare and was wondering if anyone new of a good
way
> to obtain icons to use in applications for things such as toolbar buttons
> and imagelists, etc...

> Thanks in advance!

> Scott

Sat, 19 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to obtain default icons

2. Q: How to obtain the font info specified for desktop icons

3. How to obtain default icons

4. How can to obtain an icon that is associated with an extension of file( I want to make a map with extesion - icon )

5. Icon to Bitmap, which icon size being copied?

6. Shortcut icon/bitmap on application icon: How ?

8. Tray Icon without Taskbar Icon

9. Big icon, small icon, How to

10. CButton icon question - Removing icon

11. .exe Icon is not the same as the application icon

12. Adding single Icons to Imagelist (+ How to create a mask for icon)