Application default icon
Author Message
 Application default icon

I have written an aplication using MFC but I can't find a way to change the
aplication icon (not the file type icon). I'm still sticked to the default
MFC blue icon.
Can you please help me with this?

Thanks in advance

Pedro

Wed, 14 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Application default icon

Quote:
> I have written an aplication using MFC but I can't find a way to
change the
> aplication icon (not the file type icon). I'm still sticked to the
default
> MFC blue icon.
> Can you please help me with this?

Why, you just open them icons in the resource view and paint over them
with that cute pencil tool.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

Wed, 14 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Application default icon
Assuming you got to the icon editor, a common mistake (which I just
figured out last week) is to not change both icons.  Go to the top of
the icon editor and drag down the Device pulldown menu to switch icons,
and make sure you customized them both.  Also, if you want to use more
than the default 16 colors for your large icon, click the button next to
the Device pulldown and say you want a 32x32 256 color icon.

HTH

Wed, 14 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Application default icon

Quote:
> Assuming you got to the icon editor, a common mistake (which I just
> figured out last week) is to not change both icons.  Go to the top of
> the icon editor and drag down the Device pulldown menu to switch icons,
> and make sure you customized them both.  Also, if you want to use more
> than the default 16 colors for your large icon, click the button next to
> the Device pulldown and say you want a 32x32 256 color icon.

> HTH

yeap ... that was exactly my mistake!
thank you very much :)

Fri, 16 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Console Applications ran from service have default icons???

2. How to replace default application icon with my own

3. How to set default application icon?

4. How to change the default application icon

5. Default Icon Hell: MFC Icon appears even after file and IDR_MAINFRAME changed

6. Shortcut icon/bitmap on application icon: How ?

7. .exe Icon is not the same as the application icon

8. Hide taskbar icon on application startup (show only task tray icon)

9. Shortcut icon/bitmap on application icon: How?

10. Shortcut icon on application icon: HOW?

11. How to change the mfc icon with our own icon in the SDI applications

12. Rendering of default icon