Tell Windows 2000 to Refresh / Repaint the Task Bar
Author Message
 Tell Windows 2000 to Refresh / Repaint the Task Bar

Sometimes when I hide a window, or change a systray ICON, Windows 2000
doesn't refresh or repaint the area. Is there an API in windows to refresh
the Task Bar?

Thanks,
Bucky Pollard.

Wed, 02 Jun 2004 05:16:59 GMT
 Tell Windows 2000 to Refresh / Repaint the Task Bar
You could try

 CWnd *pWnd = CWnd::FindWindow(_T("Shell_TrayWnd"), NULL);
 pWnd->Invalidate();

I know

 CWnd *pWnd = CWnd::FindWindow(_T("Shell_TrayWnd"), NULL);
 pWnd->Show(SW_HIDE);

will make the taskbar disappear on my Win2000 system.

Quote:
> Sometimes when I hide a window, or change a systray ICON, Windows 2000
> doesn't refresh or repaint the area. Is there an API in windows to refresh
> the Task Bar?

> Thanks,
> Bucky Pollard.

Fri, 04 Jun 2004 22:40:52 GMT

1. 0x8007007a - Task Manager (Windows 2000)

2. Windows NT Status Bar/Task Bar

3. windows 2000 pro or windows 2000 server?

4. How to create a Windows stype task bar in C#

5. Dialog Windows won't minimize to Task Bar

6. Windows Task Bar

7. Task Bar in Windows NT 4.0

8. Task Bar Icons in Windows NT 4.0

9. Changing Application Text on Windows Task Bar?

10. Windows Task Bar

11. How do I add a button for a MDI window to the windows NT 2000 task bar

12. Dialog app - no task on task bar???