About RichEditView
Author Message
 About RichEditView

I created a RichEditView in ActiveX control and use the control in
another program. When input "Enter",the cursor can't goto next line,
but "Ctrl+Enter" can do it. Why ?

Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:28:08 GMT
 About RichEditView
I created a RichEditView in ActiveX control and use the control in
another program. When input "Enter",the cursor can't goto next line,
but "Ctrl+Enter" can do it. Why ?

Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:30:07 GMT
 About RichEditView
Hi,

My name is Max. Thank you for using the Microsoft VC Newsgroups.

While you are working with a dialog based application, you will encounter
such a case. It is because MFC Dialog boxes support the use of a default
button that is activated when the ENTER key is pressed while focus is not
on a command button. The MFC class library will automatically call the
CDialog::OnOK() virtual function for a dialog whenever the default button
is activated by pressing the ENTER key.

My suggestion is to disable the default pushbutton of the dialog box when
your control need "ENTER" key. For how to do it, please refer knowledge
base article Q122489
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q122/4/89.asp
The most important thing is that you should onverride the OnOK for your
dialog as following because ENTER key will invoke CMyDialog::OnOK().
Void CMyDialog::OnOK()
{

Quote:
}

Original CMyDialog::OnOK() implements CDialog::OnOK() as default.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to tell me.

You assume all risk for your use. ?2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

Regards,

Max Lu
Microsoft Support

Sat, 20 Mar 2004 16:45:11 GMT

1. Richeditview,printing and windows 2000

2. RichEditView Read Only Caret Problem?

3. RichEditView StreamIn Problem?

4. Printing RichEditView

5. How can I Insert OLE Item into RichEditView?

6. Printing in RichEditView

7. Problem with Set Text Format in RichEditView class

8. RichEditView Page Breaks

9. Bitmaps in RichEditView

10. RichEditView (like) functionality

11. RichEditView notification