CEdit ModifyStyle
Author Message
 CEdit ModifyStyle

Hi, can anyone help me with this?  I'm trying to change a
CEdit control from read-only to not read-only.  I've
tried using the CEdit::ModifyStyle function, and it seems
to change the appropriate bit, but then the box does not
actually change.  What am I doing wrong?
TIA
Jamie

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:40:40 GMT
 CEdit ModifyStyle
    Take a look at the CEdit::SetReadOnly() member function.

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ]

Quote:
> Hi, can anyone help me with this?  I'm trying to change a
> CEdit control from read-only to not read-only.  I've
> tried using the CEdit::ModifyStyle function, and it seems
> to change the appropriate bit, but then the box does not
> actually change.  What am I doing wrong?
> TIA
> Jamie

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 21:01:53 GMT
 CEdit ModifyStyle
All right... while I feel very dumb for not realizing
this function exists (and thank you very much by the way
for pointing it out).  But does anyone know why the
ModifyStyle function didn't work?  I stepped through this
function, and it changes the dwStyle variable in exactly
the same way that SetReadOnly does.
thanks
Quote:

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:29:57 GMT

1. CEdit & ModifyStyle

2. CEdit & ModifyStyle

3. CEdit box ** CEdit box ** CEdit box

4. Cwindow and ModifyStyle call

5. ModifyStyle won't work for CListBox

6. ModifyStyle(Ex)

7. Using ModifyStyle with resource template based class

8. ModifyStyle()

9. about modifystyle()_

10. ModifyStyle for Combobox style

11. ModifyStyle()