Very Simple HTML Rendering?
Author Message
 Very Simple HTML Rendering?

If you don't need boldface or italic, it is pretty straightforward to throw away the
formatting requests. OTOH, HTML is pretty weird in spots; for example, not all constructs
are balanced, but they might be. THis leads to all sorts of funny conditions. I wrote an
HTML/XML viewer a couple years ago, but the code is proprietary. It took me about three
days. One day to code it and two days to handle all the HTML inconsistencies.
                                joe

Quote:
>I have a requirement in my VC7/MFC app to present a 3-4 line preview
>of a string of HTML.  I don't need any special formatting or image
>display, and I don't need any editing capabilities -- just a quick and
>dirty preview into a DC.

>Does anyone have any suggestions or a pointer to some sample code?

>Thanks
>Paul

>----
>Paul Hurley
>Caliban Computing
> http://www.*-*-*.com/
>Spam resistant return email address.

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]

Web: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~newcomer
MVP Tips: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~newcomer/mvp_tips.htm

Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:39:32 GMT
 Very Simple HTML Rendering?
On Mon, 07 Oct 2002 14:54:40 -0400, Paul J. Hurley

Quote:

>I have a requirement in my VC7/MFC app to present a 3-4 line preview
>of a string of HTML.  I don't need any special formatting or image
>display, and I don't need any editing capabilities -- just a quick and
>dirty preview into a DC.

>Does anyone have any suggestions or a pointer to some sample code?

Have a look at QHTML at http://www.gipsysoft.com/

// Mike
--
English isn't my first or second language,
so errors or anything that you find offending is not there on

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 10:09:29 GMT

1. render HTML elements in browser control

2. TableCell.Text property - How to stop HTML from being rendered

3. Render HTML Downloaded

4. When does IE start rendering an HTML page received from a Http Server

5. Supply HTML to render..

6. HTML rendering algorithm

7. Rendering HTML

8. HTML Rendering

9. rendering HTML

10. Program to convert simple html forms to aspx form controls

11. Advanced Finite Automaton as a simple HTML formatter [Crazy Example]

12. Advanced Finite Automaton as a simple HTML formatter [Crazy Example]