Destroy Dialog for Dialog based app
Author Message
 Destroy Dialog for Dialog based app

I am getting ASSERT messages sometimes, when I terminate my MFC dialog
based app, using EndDialog.

When the user hits the Exit button, I start a thread that signals the app
wants to terminate, and waits for all running threads to complete, the
thread then does and EndDialog on the passed in dialog box.

It appears that threading is causing problem in appcore where the message
pump checks the status of the dialog box handle and is being stepped on
some how.

Is there a way to bring down the dialog through a message, using post
message?

MMeyer...
Please CC by email

Thu, 30 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Start another dialog-based app before destroying the current one

2. Modeless dialog in a dialog-based app

3. dialog within dialog based apps

4. Showing taskbar visible dialog from dialog based app

5. 2nd Dialog never appears in Dialog based app

6. Dialog-based app and modal dialog

7. HOWTO: hide dialog when a dialog-based app starts

8. dialog based app making modeless dialogs

9. PBM: Message box not displayed after main dialog box is closed in MFC dialog-based app

10. Dialog-Based App and Main Dialog Problem

11. Proper Destroy semantics for MFC based modeless dialogs (Sorry, a bit Long)

12. Resizing a dialog based app based on its view's size