CFileDialog causes application in Windows 95 to hang
Author Message
 CFileDialog causes application in Windows 95 to hang

Are you using the DAO database in your application?
Darrell

Quote:

> Hello everybody,

> I am writing a 32 bits application using Visual C++ 4.2. However, we
> have a
> problem with the standard file open dialog on Windows 95 (using the MFC
> class
> CFileDialog ).
> After pressing the OK or CANCEL button, sometimes our application hangs
> and
> doesn't respond anymore. I have tried to use as much default parameters
> as
> possible and also to fill in every parameter, but this doesn't work
> also. Also,
> I have tried to supply NULL parameters only to the string parameters of
> the
> constructor, but this also doesn't work.

> The funny thing is that this doesn't seem to be a problem for Windows NT
> 4.0.

> Does anyone know how what the problem is and how we can solve this.

> Thanks,

> Erik Hermans.

Mon, 11 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

1. TB_SAVERESTORE causes crash on Windows 95

2. CFileDialog occasionally causes app to hang

3. CWnd::SetWindowRgn() causes problem in Windows 95

4. Building a Windows 95 Application in NT

5. DDE problems under Windows 95/98 with MS Office applications

6. Developing Windows Applications (95, NT and MAC)

7. problem with Visual Studio 6.0 application that running on Windows 95

8. How to write windows 95/98 service application ?

9. Developing Windows Applications (95, NT, MAC)

10. application will cause vital err when CFileDialog.DoModal() return IDCANCEL under _WIN32_WINNT=0x0500

11. CFileDialog causes Windows 2000 crash

12. CAsyncSocket's Receive( ) hangs Win 95 Help!