Class disappears from folder tree of ClassView pane
Author Message
 Class disappears from folder tree of ClassView pane

Win2000 sp2, VC++6 sp5.

Creat a dialog based app, say CMyProgDlg its class. Built. Runs fine.
BUT all of a sudden the class disappears from the folder tree of the
ClassView pane.
This occurs quite often. What could be the the solution please?

Mon, 08 Mar 2004 03:52:34 GMT
 Class disappears from folder tree of ClassView pane

Quote:
>Creat a dialog based app, say CMyProgDlg its class. Built. Runs fine.
>BUT all of a sudden the class disappears from the folder tree of the
>ClassView pane.
>This occurs quite often. What could be the the solution please?

The usual solution is to close the project, delete the project's .ncb
file, and re-open the project. That usually fixes it - till the next
time it goes wrong :(

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Mon, 08 Mar 2004 06:15:04 GMT
 Class disappears from folder tree of ClassView pane
I don't know why it's causing this but what I usually do when this happens
is that I open the header file and save it.  You'll see it right away on
your classview then.

HTH,
John

Quote:
> Win2000 sp2, VC++6 sp5.

> Creat a dialog based app, say CMyProgDlg its class. Built. Runs fine.
> BUT all of a sudden the class disappears from the folder tree of the
> ClassView pane.
> This occurs quite often. What could be the the solution please?

Mon, 08 Mar 2004 08:05:48 GMT
 Class disappears from folder tree of ClassView pane
You may also have to delete the .opt file. This has a side effect of
also deleting all the folders in ClassView.

I have Yet not found any way to automate the task of restoring the
ClassView's folders and put back the classes in the correct folder. I
am getting really bored with it - 100+ classes and some structures a
couple of times per week does add upp to a lot of time.

Ruben

Quote:
>>Creat a dialog based app, say CMyProgDlg its class. Built. Runs fine.
>>BUT all of a sudden the class disappears from the folder tree of the
>>ClassView pane.
>>This occurs quite often. What could be the the solution please?

>The usual solution is to close the project, delete the project's .ncb
>file, and re-open the project. That usually fixes it - till the next
>time it goes wrong :(

>Dave

Mon, 08 Mar 2004 17:30:08 GMT
 Class disappears from folder tree of ClassView pane
You are right John. Thank you very much!

(Actualy, the phenomenon occurs each time I try to add a member variable
into the CMyProgDlg class by means of ClassWizard.
Furthermore, sometimes trying to create a subclass of an existing class
the derived class does not appear in the combo boxes of the ClassWizard.
But deleting the products of this creation and repeating the process
everything seems ok!!!)

Thank you Ruben. Thank you Dave.

Quote:
> Win2000 sp2, VC++6 sp5.

> Creat a dialog based app, say CMyProgDlg its class. Built. Runs fine.
> BUT all of a sudden the class disappears from the folder tree of the
> ClassView pane.
> This occurs quite often. What could be the the solution please?

Fri, 12 Mar 2004 21:42:56 GMT

1. Folder in workplace classview-tree

2. classes disappear in classview panel

3. Disappearing Classes in ClassView

4. MSVC++ disappearing class in ClassView

5. Class disappears from Classview

6. Q:Classes have disappeared from ClassView

7. show/hide classes in ClassView pane

8. ClassView removing classes in folders

9. ClassView removing classes in folders

10. How to update right hand pane when item selected in left hand pane tree

11. Interfaces Disappeared From ClassView Tab

12. Q: ClassView content disappears