Which DLL's are linked to my EXE
Author Message
 Which DLL's are linked to my EXE

I am probably the ump{*filter*}th person to ask this question....
How do I know which DLL's are referenced by my EXE.

Is there a tool available for this purpose?

Any information/leads/site references greatly appreciated.

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Which DLL's are linked to my EXE

There is a tool called LOADPROF.EXE that does exactly what you want. It was
written by Matt Pietrek of NuMega (the Bounds Checker guys). I think you can
still download this tool from the Microsoft Systems Journal web site. If not
get a copy of MSJ and send Matt Pietrek some email.

Don Reamey
The Reamey Technology Group

Quote:
>I am probably the ump{*filter*}th person to ask this question....
>How do I know which DLL's are referenced by my EXE.

>Is there a tool available for this purpose?

>Any information/leads/site references greatly appreciated.

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Which DLL's are linked to my EXE

Quote:

> I am probably the ump{*filter*}th person to ask this question....
> How do I know which DLL's are referenced by my EXE.

> Is there a tool available for this purpose?

MSDN has a utility named Depends.exe If you don't have the library you should
be able to DL it from www.microsoft.com

Jim [VC/MFC MVP]
To send mail, change spam-me-not to msn

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Which DLL's are linked to my EXE

This looked good, so I went to the MSJ site, which is now linked to
the Microsoft site, but a search for loadprof doesn't reveal anything;
searching for loadprof.exe tells me that an empty search criterion is
illegal.
                                joe

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998 10:41:51 -0500, "Don Reamey"

Quote:

>There is a tool called LOADPROF.EXE that does exactly what you want. It was
>written by Matt Pietrek of NuMega (the Bounds Checker guys). I think you can
>still download this tool from the Microsoft Systems Journal web site. If not
>get a copy of MSJ and send Matt Pietrek some email.

>Don Reamey
>The Reamey Technology Group

>>I am probably the ump{*filter*}th person to ask this question....
>>How do I know which DLL's are referenced by my EXE.

>>Is there a tool available for this purpose?

>>Any information/leads/site references greatly appreciated.

Joseph M. Newcomer

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~newcomer

Thu, 03 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Which DLL's are linked to my EXE

The easiest way is to use a microsoft utility which is in DevStudio\VC\bin
and is called dumpbin.exe
Use it with /imports switch and you get the things you wanted.
e.g. use: dumpbin /imports myexe.exe
what you get is all functions used by your exe and from where the functions
are included

Marcel

Quote:
>I am probably the ump{*filter*}th person to ask this question....
>How do I know which DLL's are referenced by my EXE.

>Is there a tool available for this purpose?

>Any information/leads/site references greatly appreciated.

Sat, 05 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Which DLL's are linked to my EXE

The Windows NT Server Resource Kit has a tool called dependency walker which
will graphically display all the DLL dependencies in a program.

Quote:

--
Bill Arnette

NOTE: remove the ***'s anti-spam measure from my reply adrress to reply

Sat, 05 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Which DLL's are linked to my EXE

I am confused.  Does DUMPBIN that ships with VC++ not serve?

Sun, 06 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Which DLL's are linked to my EXE

Quote:

> I am confused.  Does DUMPBIN that ships with VC++ not serve?

Run ur app in Debug mode and stop debugging . The dll loaded and
unloaded with full path will printed on the display window

--
Senthil Kumar Paramasivam

Stormy Seas make better sailors
www.transindia.com is cool web site
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mon, 07 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Which DLL's are linked to my EXE

DumpBin tells you which DLLs are *immediately* loaded; my
understanding was that the loadprof would work the transitive closure
across *all* DLLs (I'd heard of a program that does this but hadn't
actually known what it was called or where to get it)
                                joe

Quote:
>I am confused.  Does DUMPBIN that ships with VC++ not serve?

Joseph M. Newcomer

http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer

Mon, 07 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Which DLL's are linked to my EXE

The only tool I know of is Microsoft's depends.exe, it only comes on the
MSDN
subscription CD's. we have the universal subscription where I work. It
reports
recursively.

Thanks & GOD Bless
Ade Omoboya

Quote:
>I am probably the ump{*filter*}th person to ask this question....
>How do I know which DLL's are referenced by my EXE.

>Is there a tool available for this purpose?

>Any information/leads/site references greatly appreciated.

Tue, 08 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. LINK.EXE linked to missing export MSDIS100.DLL

2. redistributing cl.exe, link.exe, nmake.exe, etc.

3. cl.exe, link.exe, mscvrt.exe Madness...

4. calling Watcom DLL's form other compilers EXE's

5. Finding DLL's inside EXE's

6. How to integrate 1 DLL, 2 EXE's and 2 LIB's

7. How to integrate 1 DLL, 2 EXE's and 2 LIB's

8. Changing Version Info for DLL's and EXE's

9. Memory Management between exe's and dll's

10. Extracting dialog resource information from *.dll's / *.exe's

11. importing a c++ class from a dll without linking with the dll's lib file

12. DLL dialog doesn't load anymore once changed to statically link DLL