form view and record view
Author Message
 form view and record view

"dialog box, form view, or record view"

What is "form view" and "recod view" in VC++?  I really appreciate if
someone can give examples.

Wed, 18 Feb 2004 04:15:02 GMT
 form view and record view
A "Formview" is essentially a dialog that behaves like any other view in MFC.
It participates in all the "Doc/View" stuff, etc. A "recordview" is a special
type of formview that includes methods for binding the controls to columns in
a CRecordSet.

You would use a FormView or RecordView as the main view of your app. You use
dialogs for "conversations" with the user.

Quote:

> "dialog box, form view, or record view"

> What is "form view" and "recod view" in VC++?  I really appreciate if
> someone can give examples.

Jim [VC/MFC MVP]
To send mail, change spam-me-not to msn

Wed, 18 Feb 2004 04:40:30 GMT

1. classes that inherit from Windows.Forms.Form - problem with View Designer

2. Change active view in Frame with 2 views from one view

3. How to use multiple record views

4. Getting records result by parameters to view/stored procedure

5. CRecordset: Error when adding records SQL Server view

6. How to implement viewing records

7. CRecordSet- record view

8. SDI with form view

9. Capturing whole Form View