stl vector problems with mfc Vc++ 4.2
Author Message
 stl vector problems with mfc Vc++ 4.2

i used to use CArray a lot, now i've changed to list<>, which works
ok.  when i change a list<> to vector<> compliation fails,
with the error:

c:\msdev\include\stl.h  error C2065: '_Al' undeclared identifier.

so, the normal MFC app compiles ok, but when i add the following line:

vector< int > test(1);

the build error appears.

to use stl, i simply put #include <stl.h> at the end of
stdAfx.h   was this correct?

any ideas, examples of working code etc.

thanks,

martin.

Sat, 25 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 stl vector problems with mfc Vc++ 4.2

Hi Martin

The compiler error you find is due to an error in the header file.
I'm now working with VC5, but as I remember, all you need to do,
is to edit the header file and change '_Al' to '_A'. I'm not quite
sure, but I do remember that there was an error in VC42's header file.

Try it - it can't hurt!

Regards
Henrik E. Rasmussen

Quote:

> i used to use CArray a lot, now i've changed to list<>, which works
> ok.  when i change a list<> to vector<> compliation fails,
> with the error:

> c:\msdev\include\stl.h  error C2065: '_Al' undeclared identifier.

> so, the normal MFC app compiles ok, but when i add the following line:

> vector< int > test(1);

> the build error appears.

> to use stl, i simply put #include <stl.h> at the end of
> stdAfx.h   was this correct?

> any ideas, examples of working code etc.

> thanks,

> martin.

Tue, 28 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems debugging MFC under VC 4.2 with separate VC 5.0 installation present

2. STL in VC 4.2??

3. STL/VC problem with vector::assign()

4. Problems relating the Win32 Development with VC++ 4.2 and MFC

5. MFC problem for VC++ 4.2

6. I have problems with vc++ 4.2

7. VC++ 4.2=>VC++6.0 Help problems

8. I have problems with vc++ 4.2

9. MSVC 4.2 Problems (MFC/non MFC)

10. Using HTML help with VC 5.0 and MFC 4.2

11. MFC 5 Bible for MS-VC++ 4.2 environment ?

12. VC++ 4.2 and STL