Pattern Matching in VC++ Help...
Author Message
 Pattern Matching in VC++ Help...

 I am trying to do some UNIX style Regular Expression Matching in VC++.  I'm
new to VC and could use some help.  Quick Summary:

In Unix, I can take a string, for example "CAT"

I can then apply a reg exp rule to it, like CA[RTN]

With this rule, it returns true with CAN, CAT, and CAR, but false with any
others.

Another Rule CA[*], would return true on any CAsomething until it hits a
space, so
CAT, CAPOLA, CAVE all return true, BUT CHRYSLER does not.

I know this can be done, I'm just having a dog of a time finding it.  Please
Thanks, ShannonC

Tue, 04 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Regular Expressions/Pattern Matching/Unordered pattern

2. Help, Pattern used in Regex.Matches(...)

3. help with a fast pattern matching utility requested

4. Help with Pattern Matching!

5. Pattern matching NEED HELP

6. pattern matching help

7. Help on string pattern matching?

8. Pattern Matching in C -

9. Pattern Matching Tool

10. Pattern Matching in C

11. pattern matching and string replacement

12. Pattern Matching in execution time