Associate Dockable Control Bar with Tool Bar?
Author Message
 Associate Dockable Control Bar with Tool Bar?

Hello

    I have written a program that uses a dockable control bar. Everything in
the control bar works fine, but the toolbar button state doesn't associate
with this control bar at all, for example, in the toolbar I have a Cut
button. This button will be on whenever an item in the control bar is
seleted. The Cut button has no effect even as the item in the the control
bar is selected or has focus .

    Can anyone tell me what else that I need to do? Thanks in advance.

Fri, 09 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Associate Dockable Control Bar with Tool Bar?

Hi,

Looks like you have to handle WM_IDLEUPDATECMDUI message in your control
bar
and pass it to parent frame.
For more information see TN24:MFC-defined messages and resources

Hope this help.

--
Regards,
Vladimir Scherbakoff

Quote:
> Hello

>     I have written a program that uses a dockable control bar. Everything
in
> the control bar works fine, but the toolbar button state doesn't
associate
> with this control bar at all, for example, in the toolbar I have a Cut
> button. This button will be on whenever an item in the control bar is
> seleted. The Cut button has no effect even as the item in the the control
> bar is selected or has focus .

>     Can anyone tell me what else that I need to do? Thanks in advance.

Sun, 11 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to put Menu bar and Tool Bar in same row

2. Newbie : Adding Menu Bar and Tool Bar to Dialog Based App

3. Status bar loosing battle against tool bars

4. How to remove menu bar and tool bar

5. Dockable control bar with its own toolbar

6. status bar hidden under START bar (quick-launch bar)

7. Adding a progress bar control to the status bar

8. IE Tool Bar with ComboBox control?

9. No tool tips on VS tool bars.

10. Tool tips for tool bars

11. Updating a Dockable Bar that Has CTreeView embedded in it

12. Dockable Dialog bars and VC-like UI