How to determine system idle time without hooks?
Author Message
 How to determine system idle time without hooks?

Please, does anyone know this?

Idle time = time since last "user input" on the system.
For instance, the screen saver goes on after a certain amount of idle time.

I feel certain that I once saw a function in the depths of MSDN that
returned the time since the last keyboard or mouse input.

I would hate to have to use global hooks for this, but if thats the only
way, please tell me.

-Thanks

Wed, 25 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to determine system idle time without hooks?

Quote:
> Please, does anyone know this?

> Idle time = time since last "user input" on the system.
> For instance, the screen saver goes on after a certain amount of idle
time.

> I feel certain that I once saw a function in the depths of MSDN that
> returned the time since the last keyboard or mouse input.

> I would hate to have to use global hooks for this, but if thats the only
> way, please tell me.

look Q96422 (worst than global hook I think...) or look the task scheduler
reference in MSDN... but it's only available under IE>=4.

--
Tenebrax
http://graff.ctw.net

Thu, 26 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hooking & Idle Time problem

2. determining modem idle time

3. How to get system idle time or get notified after the system being idle for an extended time

4. How to get system idle time or get notified after the system being idle for an extended time

5. How to get IDLE time without MFC?

6. System Idle time

7. System Idle Time modification...

8. Getting idle time of system/os