CoCreateInstanceEx error ?
Author Message
 CoCreateInstanceEx error ?

Hello,
I am getting the following error returned from CoCreateInstanceEx via
FormatMessage:
    Invalid FORMATETC structure
What does it mean?

--
Bill Swartz, PhD
Voss Scientific

Sun, 18 Dec 2005 05:16:26 GMT
 CoCreateInstanceEx error ?

Quote:
> I am getting the following error returned from CoCreateInstanceEx via
> FormatMessage:
>     Invalid FORMATETC structure
> What does it mean?

Not much, I suspect. The error code is DV_E_FORMATETC == 0x80040064.
It's in FACILITY_ITF == 4, which is reserved for custom
application-defined error codes. I guess the server's class factory
returns a custom error code from IClassFactory::CreateInstance, and this
error code just happens to be equal to DV_E_FORMATETC.
--
With best wishes,
    Igor Tandetnik

and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Sun, 18 Dec 2005 06:29:31 GMT
 CoCreateInstanceEx error ?
The server is the interface for some hardware. I modified the server to
Create/Open a semaphore. The hardware should be accessed by only one client
at a time on our local net. I had logic errors in the semaphore code. When I
fixed them, the client problems went away.
Bill

Quote:

> > I am getting the following error returned from CoCreateInstanceEx via
> > FormatMessage:
> >     Invalid FORMATETC structure
> > What does it mean?

> Not much, I suspect. The error code is DV_E_FORMATETC == 0x80040064.
> It's in FACILITY_ITF == 4, which is reserved for custom
> application-defined error codes. I guess the server's class factory
> returns a custom error code from IClassFactory::CreateInstance, and this
> error code just happens to be equal to DV_E_FORMATETC.
> --
> With best wishes,
>     Igor Tandetnik

> and wrong." H.L. Mencken

Sun, 18 Dec 2005 07:30:09 GMT

1. CoCreateInstanceEx error ?

2. CoCreateInstanceEx error = 0x80029c4a

3. CocreateInstanceEx compiler error?

4. How to call CoCreateInstanceEx?

5. CoCreateInstanceEx fails with 0x80080005

6. CoCreateInstanceEX failes in a DCOM architecture

7. CoCreateInstanceEx() issue...

8. CoCreateInstanceEx() hanging...

9. Connection points and CoCreateInstanceEx

10. COCreateInstanceEx returnes RPC Server unavailable

11. CoCreateInstanceEx does not always return

12. CreateInstance and CoCreateInstanceEx