Looking for Sample Code - Detecting if System Debugger is Running
Author Message
 Looking for Sample Code - Detecting if System Debugger is Running

If anyone has code that can detect if a system level de{*filter*} like SoftIce
is running, I would love to get my hands on it.  If you have something,
please do not hesitate to email me.

Thanx in Advance.

Tue, 28 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Sample Code - Detecting if System Debugger is Running

There is such a chunk of code out there, which can detect if SoftIce is
running. It goes by the name IceCream, and I can't remember where I found
it - but a web search on those two words should find it for you.

Quote:
> If anyone has code that can detect if a system level de{*filter*} like
SoftIce
> is running, I would love to get my hands on it.  If you have something,
> please do not hesitate to email me.

> Thanx in Advance.

Tue, 28 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for Sample Code - Detecting if System Debugger is Running

Quote:

> If anyone has code that can detect if a system level de{*filter*} like SoftIce
> is running, I would love to get my hands on it.  If you have something,
> please do not hesitate to email me.

> Thanx in Advance.

[New - Windows NT]
The IsDe{*filter*}Present function indicates whether the calling process is
running under the context of a de{*filter*}.
This function is exported from KERNEL32.DLL.
BOOL IsDe{*filter*}Present(VOID)
Parameters
This function has no parameters.
Return Value
If the current process is running in the context of a de{*filter*}, the
return value is nonzero.
If the current process is not running in the context of a de{*filter*}, the
return value is zero.
Remarks
This function allows an application to determine whether or not it is
being debugged, so that it can modify its behavior. For example, an
application could provide additional information using the
OutputDebugString function if it is being debugged.
See Also
OutputDebugString

Leopold Faschalek
SkiData AG                      fale at skidata dot com
Untersbergstrasse 40
A-5083 Gartenau / AUSTRIA       http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 31 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Please I am looking for sample code (C++ BUT NO MFC PLEASE)

2. looking for System Tray(Win95, NT) based application sample code

3. I am looking for samples of Inheritance

4. New C# Source Code Sample - Running JScript.NET Code from C# Apps

5. Detecting Running IDE/Debugger

6. How to detect if a debugger is running?

7. Please look at this code n tell me where i am wrong

8. PLEASE HELP: I AM NEW TO DEBUGGER (Turbo Debugger 3.0)

9. i am looking for some source code.

10. WeakReference doesn't work when step through the sample code inside a debugger

11. Looking for sample code for TCP stuff

12. Looking for sample optimized code for windows polylines draw