ATL composite ActiveX control
Author Message
 ATL composite ActiveX control

Hi All,
Where could I get some documentation for building composite ActiveX
control using ATL and then using them in an MFC MDI app. Also which one
from MFC or ATL should i use for building ActiveX control. My ActiveX
controls are quire GUI intensive dialogs. Any help, resources, URL's
will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Irfan

Sun, 27 Mar 2005 14:37:33 GMT
 ATL composite ActiveX control
Hi Irfan,

ATL is a preferred framework for developing COM component. ATL has good
support for a variety of COM components, and it is lightweight. However,
ATL requires COM knowledge and it may take longer time to get familiar with
ATL itself.

MFC has limited support for the various COM components, and the MFC
application wizard doesn't support composite control. We need more code to
make a vanilla MFC composite control work. MFC conceals COM/OLE. It is easy
to get familiar with. However, in some situations, it is not easy to change
the default behavior.

Finally, it is not recommended to use MFC in ATL project. To get better
windowing support in ATL, you can use WTL. For more information about
developing ActiveX control using ATL, please check the following article:

Write ActiveX Controls Using Custom Interfaces Provided by ATL 3.0, Part III
http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0499/atl3activex3/atl3activex3.htm

Note: You can also find part 1&2 of the series in the beginning of the
article.

You can also refer to some ATL books, such as <<Inside ATL>>, <<ATL
Internals>>, etc

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Leo Chen

--------------------

| Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 09:37:33 -0400

| Subject: ATL composite ActiveX control
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.atl,microsoft.public.vc.mfc
|
| Hi All,
| Where could I get some documentation for building composite ActiveX
| control using ATL and then using them in an MFC MDI app. Also which one
| from MFC or ATL should i use for building ActiveX control. My ActiveX
| controls are quire GUI intensive dialogs. Any help, resources, URL's
| will be highly appreciated.
|
| Thanks
| Irfan

Fri, 01 Apr 2005 02:23:18 GMT

1. scripting - font - ATL Composite Activex Controls

2. ATL composite ActiveX control

3. scripting - font - ATL Composite Activex Controls

4. Using ActiveX controls in ATL Composite control

5. How to invoke methods of contained ActiveX control from ATL Composite Control

6. ATL ActiveX Composite Control WITHOUT a dialog box?

7. ATL ActiveX composite Control and drawing

8. ATL(+MFC) Composite control VS MFC ActiveX Contol

9. ATL ActiveX Composite Control WITHOUT a dialog box?

10. Overlap ActiveX controls in composite control

11. ATL Full Control - mouse activation problems in Composite Control

12. ATL Full Control - mouse activation problems in Composite Control