Propety sheet in a Form View
Author Message
 Propety sheet in a Form View

I have a SDI MFC application. The main view is CFormView
derived one. I would like to "embed" a property sheet (not
a tab control) in that form. How can I do it? Any samples?

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 06:31:46 GMT
 Propety sheet in a Form View

Quote:
>I have a SDI MFC application. The main view is CFormView
>derived one. I would like to "embed" a property sheet (not
>a tab control) in that form. How can I do it? Any samples?

You can put a modeless property sheet (and its pages) into a dialog
box (or form view). The sheet stays invisible so the appearance is
that the property pages appear in the dialog along with controls from
the main dialog.

Have a look at the snapvw sample. It uses a view window, but the same
technique works in a dialog too.

To aid positioning I added an invisible static control to the main
dialog box, then in OnInitDialog I find the position of the static
control and create the property sheet in that position, that allows me
some degree of designing the position of the pages in the main dialog
from the dialog editor.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 09:53:32 GMT

1. Help with positioning a embedded property sheet in a form view

2. How doi/can I create a form view of a property sheet

3. Property Sheet and Form View

4. classes that inherit from Windows.Forms.Form - problem with View Designer

5. form view and record view

6. Propety Pages and Tab Control --HELP!!

7. Printing a Spread Sheet embedded in a Windows Form

8. linking an Excel sheet in Windows Forms

9. question regarding MFC property sheets and MDI Children forms in VB

10. Howto send internet form sheet

11. help : property sheets in view

12. property sheet in a view