How to save an ActiveX Control in a MFC app
Author Message
 How to save an ActiveX Control in a MFC app

I made a basic MFC application which displays ActiveX Controls and I'd like
to save their state.
The save method should be implemented in the ActiveX.
How can I do this?

How to active the saving of ActiveX control in an MFC application?

My problem is how to activate the saving inside the app (it's a regular MFC
application and not an ActiveX container)?
I'd like to use the archive passed to my document in 'Serialize'.
Can you send me a little bit of code please.

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to save an ActiveX Control in a MFC app
Oh dear !! you're breaking it apart.

You should be using a COleClientDoc at least and use componentization to
help you ie.
A compound document file will be opened and the objects will be
QueryInterfaced for their IPersistxxx interfaces.
A call to Save? on this interface will make the component write itself with
no or hardly any work from you.

The framework will do it all for you if you start out correctly. Do it
properly.

Quote:

>I made a basic MFC application which displays ActiveX Controls and I'd like
>to save their state.
>The save method should be implemented in the ActiveX.
>How can I do this?

>How to active the saving of ActiveX control in an MFC application?

>My problem is how to activate the saving inside the app (it's a regular MFC
>application and not an ActiveX container)?
>I'd like to use the archive passed to my document in 'Serialize'.
>Can you send me a little bit of code please.

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. cannot instantiate an activex control in mfc dialog based app

2. Model MFC App inside ActiveX Control and ToopTips

3. ActiveX control not being resized in an MFC app

4. ActiveX -Control in MFC-App

5. add a ActiveX control to a MFC app.

6. Associate MFC wrapper to An MFC ActiveX control to control

7. Developing mfc activex control and using ActiveX SDK-question

8. Open Control panel app (*.cpl) from MFC app?

9. Control webbrowser ActiveX control in composit ActiveX control

10. ActiveX control stays marked dirty after save

11. ATL(+MFC) Composite control VS MFC ActiveX Contol

12. Using an MFC Extension DLL from an MFC ActiveX Control