VC++ beginner problem.
Author Message
 VC++ beginner problem.

I am a total beginner with VC++.
I want to use a richedit (or CEdit) in VC++ 6.0 making uses of the property
and methods, that is I want to avoid of use the messages.
With the Borland C+ Builder, for example, for add a line it is sufficient
RichEdit-> Lines-> Append("new line").
Is there an equivalent way in VC++?

Thank you
Cristiano

Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:07:47 GMT
 VC++ beginner problem.
Cristiano,

Sure there is, although you will likely find that the ways of VC++ are
different from Builder. I would suggest that you look in your Help files
under CEdit and look through the available class members. Those are the
"Methods" for the CEdit class.

If you're still in the dark after doing some reading, write back...

Cecil

Cecil A. Galbraith
http://www.codesoup.com
Programmers Utilities/Tips

> I am a total beginner with VC++.
> I want to use a richedit (or CEdit) in VC++ 6.0 making uses of the
property
> and methods, that is I want to avoid of use the messages.
> With the Borland C+ Builder, for example, for add a line it is sufficient
> RichEdit-> Lines-> Append("new line").
> Is there an equivalent way in VC++?

> Thank you
> Cristiano

Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:43:44 GMT

1. beginner: problems going from vc++ 5 to 6.0

2. Beginner: Problems Using OLE Forms using VC++ 4.0

3. VC beginner's problem?

4. Beginner Problems with VC++ 6

5. beginner vc++ q (please redirect me if this is the wrong place)

6. A Beginner vc++ question

7. vc++ 5.0 to vc++ 6.0 problem

8. binary problem - beginner problem

9. help a beginner's question with vc!