VC++ NT Service and database access...
Author Message
 VC++ NT Service and database access...

I am trying to find out if it is technically possible to access a database
from within a NT system service.  We are able to write to the event log with
no problem, but were wondering if it is possible to somehow connect to an
ODBC database through a system service...
Any ideas??
--
Regards,
Mark Enriquez

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VC++ NT Service and database access...

Yes, but dont use DAO. Also the Data Source must either be a system-wide data
source name or the NT Service must be started under the account that has the
data source name .. under later version of ODBC you can have system-wide and
user-specific data source names.

Check out KB article  Q136481

Good Luck

Quote:
>I am trying to find out if it is technically possible to access a database
>from within a NT system service.  We are able to write to the event log with
>no problem, but were wondering if it is possible to somehow connect to an
>ODBC database through a system service...
>Any ideas??
>--
>Regards,
>Mark Enriquez

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. NT Service Accessing a database via ODBC

2. Remote startup of NT Services from another NT Service

3. NT Services & Databases

4. Accessing MS Access Databases in VC++

5. Problem: interactive NT service crashes when using database/ODBC/OLE

6. Compact a Access 2002 database with ADO vc++

7. NT service fails - foreground works fine / ADO db access

8. Accessing an ATL obj in ROT from NT Service

9. NT Service and remote file access

10. Jet Engine, MS Access and NT Services

11. NT Service - shared memory access

12. Cant Access Com Exe Started From Nt Service