how to use MS-Word as an OLE automation server
Author Message
 how to use MS-Word as an OLE automation server

I am using VC++ 5.0 and Word97.

How can I use MS-Word via OLE automation?

My VC++ app produces data which I want to feed into a mail merge in
Word. I'd think that I use OLE automation to achieve this. The data
produced or handeled by my VC++ app does not come from an ODBC source.

I would like to provide Word with the fieldnames (these should NOT be
hard coded in a VBA routine) and with the data when Word requests
them.

I have searched MSDN library but so far found only some info on how to
link Office applications using ODBC or SQL queries. I have not
succeeded finding information or examples about how to link a VC/MFC
app with non ODBC/SQL structured data.

Is there a way to achieve this and if so, where do I find the
appropriate information and/or, even better, some examples?

TIA, greetings
Rudi

Tue, 19 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 how to use MS-Word as an OLE automation server

Rudi,
    This may or may not help (ODBC issues), but I've just been reading
Julian Templeman's "Beginning MFC COM", and he brings up Word 95 and 97
using Automation *in his first chaper*.  Must be more good stuff later on!
Anyway, the book is from Wrox, ISBN 1-874416-87-7.  As a side note, I'm
liking this book.  He has a good writing style, IMHO.
        -Kenn

http://www.endurasoft.com

Tue, 19 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. OLE/COM Automation for MS Word 95 or 97

2. WORD OLE Automation - Writing on top of a word document

3. control MS IE5 using ole automation?

4. writing a DLL that uses an Ole Automation Server

5. App using OLE Automation installed on Server?

6. SAVEAS RTF using WORD OLE SERVER

7. URGENT: How to insert MS Word OLE control into my Dialog : INPLACE OLE ACTIVATION

8. OLE Automation: How to load Word-Document from DAO

9. Word 95 Ole Automation

10. Word 95 OLE automation

11. DLL problem (OLE Automation with Word)

12. Word 95 OLE Automation