Drop list options discrepency in classwizard VC5 vs VC6
Author Message
 Drop list options discrepency in classwizard VC5 vs VC6

I know this is more IDE related but could someone with VC 6.0 SP3 try this
out for me?  I'm creating a combo list on dialog.  The styles are set to:

Type:  Drop List
Owner draw: No
with Sort and Vertical Scroll boxes checked.

The problem is when I try to assign a variable to the combo list control ID
using Classwizard I'm only given the option of int as a variable type.  I
want to use a CString.

VC 5.0 gives me both int and CString as choices.  I can trick 6.0 into using
a CString and it seems to work fine but I'm nervous that I might be doing
something not exactly advisable.

If you get the same behavior as me can you tell me which is correct in its
choices offered for the variable type, VC5 or VC6?

Cheers,

Craig

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Drop list options discrepency in classwizard VC5 vs VC6

Same thing here, I suspect that someone though the int was more useful,
and I agree with them (easy to get string from int, but the other way
around is not).

Regards Tom
Ms.Sc                                Home:     http://www.image.dk/~tomo

Nansensgade 96, st.tv 1366 Kbh.K     Tele: +45 3393 0624 / +45 2163 1364

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Drop list options discrepency in classwizard VC5 vs VC6
Thanks for checking, Tom.  It's not a number I'm trying to get from the list
but a two letter abbreviation for a state in the US (e.g. CA, UT, NV,
etc...).  With my only option in the dropdown list being int it returns a
zero-based index for my selection.

I can get the two letter abbreviation in VC5 with the CString option but not
6 (with SP3 installed.)  Not sure about 6 without SP3 installed.

I appreciate you having a look, though.  At least I know its not just me.

Cheers Craig

Quote:

> Same thing here, I suspect that someone though the int was more useful,
> and I agree with them (easy to get string from int, but the other way
> around is not).

> Regards Tom
> Ms.Sc                                Home:     http://www.image.dk/~tomo

> Nansensgade 96, st.tv 1366 Kbh.K     Tele: +45 3393 0624 / +45 2163 1364

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Drop list options discrepency in classwizard VC5 vs VC6

2. Pocket PC build option doesn't show in drop down list

3. VC5 vs. VC6

4. VC5 vs. VC6 compile executable size

5. WNDPROC casting problems with VC6 vs. VC5

6. Release MinSize VC5 -vs- VC6

7. VC6 vs VC5 performance

8. static keyword - vc5.0 vs. vc6.0

9. VC5.0 vs. VC6.0