Bitmap Resource Background changes color from Windows 98 to Windows 2000
Author Message
 Bitmap Resource Background changes color from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

I recently changed from Windows 98 to Windows 2000.  My application compiles
and runs correctly, but the background color of the bitmaps on the dialog
has become a darker color than the
dialog.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Wed, 07 Jan 2004 13:04:18 GMT
 Bitmap Resource Background changes color from Windows 98 to Windows 2000
Your bitmap doesn't appear to be transparent. Use LoadImage with the flag
LOADMAP3dCOLORS or LOADTRANSPARENT

Quote:
> I recently changed from Windows 98 to Windows 2000.  My application
compiles
> and runs correctly, but the background color of the bitmaps on the dialog
> has become a darker color than the
> dialog.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Wed, 07 Jan 2004 17:36:56 GMT
 Bitmap Resource Background changes color from Windows 98 to Windows 2000
How can I do that if my bitmap is a resource.  It is only listed in the *.rc
and the resouce.h file and I am not sure how Visual C++ reads in those
bitmaps?  Can you still help me.

Quote:
> Your bitmap doesn't appear to be transparent. Use LoadImage with the flag
> LOADMAP3dCOLORS or LOADTRANSPARENT

> > I recently changed from Windows 98 to Windows 2000.  My application
> compiles
> > and runs correctly, but the background color of the bitmaps on the
dialog
> > has become a darker color than the
> > dialog.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Fri, 09 Jan 2004 08:18:48 GMT
 Bitmap Resource Background changes color from Windows 98 to Windows 2000
My bitmaps are resources and are only in the *.rc file and resouce.h file.
Being new to Visual C++ I don't understand how the bitmaps get read in and
placed on the dialog.  Therefore, can I still use "LOADMAP3dCOLORS or
LOADTRANSPARENT" and if so where and how do I place in my code?
Thanks,
Brett

Quote:
> Your bitmap doesn't appear to be transparent. Use LoadImage with the flag
> LOADMAP3dCOLORS or LOADTRANSPARENT

> > I recently changed from Windows 98 to Windows 2000.  My application
> compiles
> > and runs correctly, but the background color of the bitmaps on the
dialog
> > has become a darker color than the
> > dialog.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Fri, 09 Jan 2004 08:22:54 GMT
 Bitmap Resource Background changes color from Windows 98 to Windows 2000
My bitmap is part of a dialog resource and is loaded in the resource file.
How do I use LOADMAP3dCOLORS or LOADTRANSPARENT to load these bitmaps?  I am
trying to
use Jeff Procise's example in "Programming Windows in MFC," but being a
newbie, I am struggling to get his example to fit within my architecture.
Can you or anyone else help?
Thanks in advance,
Brett

Quote:
> Your bitmap doesn't appear to be transparent. Use LoadImage with the flag
> LOADMAP3dCOLORS or LOADTRANSPARENT

> > I recently changed from Windows 98 to Windows 2000.  My application
> compiles
> > and runs correctly, but the background color of the bitmaps on the
dialog
> > has become a darker color than the
> > dialog.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Sat, 10 Jan 2004 23:55:52 GMT

1. Bitmap Color Change when I changed from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

2. Bitmap Background Colors from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

3. Dialog Resource Color Changed from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

4. Is programming windows 98 the same as programming windows 2000

5. Porting Windows 2000 program to windows 98

6. VC++, windows 2000 and windows 98

7. Porting Windows 98 apllication to Windows 2000 problem.

8. Getting MAC Address in WIndows 98 and NT/2000/NT

9. Windows 98 and 2000 with Visual C++

10. IPC windows 95/98/NT/2000

11. QuickView in Windows 98 / 2000

12. windows 2000 pro or windows 2000 server?