CRecordset access violation
Author Message
 CRecordset access violation

Hello all
    I'm opening a recordset and can successfully read and add a new record
but when I try an UpDate() on an existing record I get "syntax error or
access violation" error these are the basic steps I using to test.

m_pICDataSet.Open("Initial Conditions");
m_pRecordSet = new ICDataSet(&m_pICDataSet);
m_pRecordSet->Open();
m_pRecordSet->MoveFirst();
m_pRecordSet->MoveNext();
m_pRecordSet->Edit();
if (m_pRecordSet->CanUpdate())
{
      //check what parameters are to be saved
      m_pRecordSet->m_Airspeed = 100;
      if( !m_pRecordSet->IsBOF() && !m_pRecordSet->IsEOF() &&
!m_pRecordSet->IsDeleted())
           m_pRecordSet->Update(); //cause the record to update to the new
parameters
      m_pRecordSet->Requery(); //re-read the table and rebuild the select
list
      LoadICSets();

Quote:
}

I'm using VC++ 5.0 and Excel 97 for the database.
Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Ed Jones.

Sun, 25 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CRecordset - access violations

2. CRecordset Access Violation

3. Access Violation when calling CRecordset::Requery()

4. NTDLL.DLL Access Violation in CRecordset-derived class?

5. Access violations once OCBC/CRecordset added to console app

6. CRecordset Open Access violation

7. Access violation in CRecordset.Close()

8. Memory access violation using CRecordset and date/time fields

9. Access Violation when calling CRecordset::Requery()

10. "Access violation" accessing a DLL

11. URGENT: Access Violation when accessing the POOM IAppointment

12. access violation in