FTP using wininet.h
Author Message
 FTP using wininet.h

I have written an FTP client with the wininet classes.
I'm using the CInternetSession and CFtpConnection
classes.
This works OK, however.... The application I'm writing
is designed to work unattended. When I use CFtpConnection
and the server is unreachabel, wininet throws up an
error message dialog box saying it cant make the connection,
and this requires the user to press enter....

Why does it do this and can I turn this "feature" OFF!!! HELP!!!

Thanks,

Tim

Sat, 18 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 FTP using wininet.h

> This works OK, however.... The application I'm writing
> is designed to work unattended. When I use CFtpConnection
> and the server is unreachabel, wininet throws up an
> error message dialog box saying it cant make the connection,
> and this requires the user to press enter....

> Why does it do this and can I turn this "feature" OFF!!! HELP!!!

When the connection fails, CFtpConnection is throwing a CInternetException.
Since you're not catching it, the framework is. The framework handles the
exception by alerting the user. Try this instead:

CFtpConnection *pMyFtpConnection = NULL;
try {
    pMyFtpConnection = GetFtpConnection(...

}

catch (CInternetException *e) {
    // Your own error handling code here
   e->Delete();
Quote:
}

Sat, 18 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. hostname not resolved using ftp and wininet.dll

2. FTP and sockets (not using WinInet)?

3. Help: Using Wininet with an FTP Proxy that requires Authentication

4. FTP and sockets (not using WinInet)?

5. FTP without using WinInet

6. Help: Using Wininet with an FTP Proxy that requires Authentication

7. FTP - wininet - UNIX - file date/time

8. Question about COM, WinInet and FTP

9. Wininet/FTP Problems

10. WinInet-FTP Command...

11. WinInet and FTP