Delay Load DLL doesn't work for C++ DLL
Author Message
 Delay Load DLL doesn't work for C++ DLL

Hi,

I learn delay load dll technique with VC++ 6.0 and use MSDN & Jeffer
Richer's book. But the linker always complain LNK4199: /DELAYLOAD:dllname
ignored; no imports found from dllname.

Why?

Wed, 02 Feb 2005 18:23:38 GMT
 Delay Load DLL doesn't work for C++ DLL
It works fine. Have you exported the relevant symbols/methods from your dll?
You should be able to see these using depends.exe. You also have to be using
these symbols/methods somewhere in your module.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Quote:
> Hi,

> I learn delay load dll technique with VC++ 6.0 and use MSDN & Jeffer
> Richer's book. But the linker always complain LNK4199: /DELAYLOAD:dllname
> ignored; no imports found from dllname.

> Why?

Wed, 02 Feb 2005 18:35:27 GMT
 Delay Load DLL doesn't work for C++ DLL
Yeah. Last night I make my own C++ based DLL work fine.

 But I use a lots of 3rd C++ DLLs, their headers define _declspec(dllexport)
for exported
 member funtion in compiling DLL, but without any modifier when used in
client. All those
 DLLs will refer to a basic DLL, that DLL exports static variable so it
couldn't be delay-loaded.
 I want to know if this is the reason for linker complaining LNK4199.

 I have checked the exported symbol of those 3rd DLLs by depend.exe/dumpbin,
but is there any way to
 check the imported symbol of .obj file? I have turn /verbose options of
linker, but it couldn't give
 any nontrival info.

Quote:
> It works fine. Have you exported the relevant symbols/methods from your
dll?
> You should be able to see these using depends.exe. You also have to be
using
> these symbols/methods somewhere in your module.

> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

> > Hi,

> > I learn delay load dll technique with VC++ 6.0 and use MSDN & Jeffer
> > Richer's book. But the linker always complain LNK4199:
/DELAYLOAD:dllname
> > ignored; no imports found from dllname.

> > Why?

Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:06:30 GMT

1. DLL dialog doesn't load anymore once changed to statically link DLL

2. Calling function in managed dll from Unmanaged MFC Application doesn't work on XP

3. DLL registered well but doesn't work on Win95

4. Debugger doesn't work for DLL?

5. dll doesn't work

6. VC++ 5.0 DLL doesn't work in Release mode with VB front end

7. Release version DLL doesn't work with VB front end

8. CWinApp::PreTranslateMessage doesn't work in DLL ?

9. wrapping com dll doesn't work

10. Cleanup of explicit loaded DLL's in regular MFC DLL

11. Building a console app that doesn't require mscoree.dll in Visual C++ .NET

12. Delay Loading oleacc.dll