Control ID's in a CFileDialog
Author Message
 Control ID's in a CFileDialog

Hello,
does anybody know how can I retreive the ID's of the defaoult controls
in a CFileDialog box?
Thank you,
Dana

Tue, 07 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Control ID's in a CFileDialog

Hi,

you have at least two possibilities:

1. Use the Tool Spy++ ("Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Tools") to look up the
IDs of the controls when the dialog is active.

2. Or write a program and use the function EnumChildWindows to enumerate all
controls of the   dialog (i.e. in a message handler of CFileDialog)  and
call getDlgCtrlID to get the ID of each control.

From MSDN:

GetDlgCtrlID
The GetDlgCtrlID function retrieves the identifier of the specified control.

int GetDlgCtrlID(
  HWND hwndCtl   // handle to control
);
Parameters
hwndCtl
[in] Handle to the control.

I hope this helps.

Regards
     Kurt Antreich
     Microsoft GmbH

Quote:
> Hello,
> does anybody know how can I retreive the ID's of the defaoult controls
> in a CFileDialog box?
> Thank you,
> Dana

Fri, 10 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Controls ID's in a CFileDialog

2. Control's ID

3. Class Wizard - Missing Control ID's

4. Newbie - Control ID's not showing on member variables tab

5. mapping many control ID's to the same function

6. Find a control type base on it's ID in dialogbox

7. Control ID's

8. Resource ID doesn't associate with control

9. Hook/Callback funtion or Dialog Id/Control Id

10. IDataConvert - 'CLSID_OLEDB_CONVERSIONLIBRARY' - undeclared id

11. What's the ID's name?

12. control ID for dynamic created control and menu item