Win NT to Win 95
Author Message
 Win NT to Win 95

I have a Dll made for Windows NT, now I need to change it to Windows 95,
but I do not know how can I do this, what should I concern while doing this
job. are there any of you can give me any advice?

thanks in advance.
jiang

Fri, 21 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Win NT to Win 95

Make sure you're not building with UNICODE or _UNICODE defined.

Make sure you're not calling any NT-specific APIs.  Some of them, such as the
Net* APIs, will cause the program not to load because of missing DLL entry
points, but others won't fail until you actually call them (e.g., event log and
security APIs).

There are a couple of backgrounders from 1996 in the MSDN that may be of help.
(There may be newer ones, but you'll have to look for those yourself :-)  Both
of these are in the April 1999 MSDN under Backgrounders \ Windows Platform \
Guidelines:

   * Differences in Win32 API Implementations Among Windows Operating Systems
   * Problems Encountered by Some Windows 95 Applications on Windows NT

HTH

Quote:

> I have a Dll made for Windows NT, now I need to change it to Windows 95,
> but I do not know how can I do this, what should I concern while doing this
> job. are there any of you can give me any advice?

> thanks in advance.
> jiang

-- Aaron [MVP]
---------------------
Aaron J Margosis

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Win NT to Win 95
First you should try it in W95 and note any problems you have, then ask
again with some more information.
Quote:
jiang wrote...
> I have a Dll made for Windows NT, now I need to change it to Windows 95,

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Win NT to Win 95

2. Win NT vs Win 95/98

3. Win NT 4.0 - Win 95 Registry Reading Problems

4. Win 95/95 to Win NT

5. Porting application from Win 95 to Win NT

6. Q: Differences WIN NT / WIN 95 in VC++ 5.0

7. Win NT vs. Win 95

8. Registry - Win 95/Win NT

9. DLL on Win NT vs. Win 95

10. DLL on Win NT vs. Win 95

11. Win 95 -> Win NT

12. Dialog behaviour in Win 95 and Win NT