porting code to VS.NET...errors in CStringT.
Author Message
 porting code to VS.NET...errors in CStringT.

Hi there,
I am trying to move a large amout of code from VS6.0 to
VS.NET. However the new CString in MFC7.0 is causing me
problems. I am getting the error "operator + is ambiguous"
when it seems clearly unambiguous to me, for instance when
appending two CString's:

CString szStr1, szStr2, szStr3;
szStr1 = szStr2 + szStr3;

The strange thing is the same code will compile in a
project created with VS.NET which is little confusing.
Please please help.

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:58:01 GMT

1. Problem in porting code from VC++ 6.0 to VS.Net (using STL)

2. Over 3,000 syntax errors from cstdlib and cstdio when porting to VS.Net C++

3. VS.NET Enterprise Vs VS.NET Professional

4. Back to VS.Net beta2, there was a code share plugin featured browsing code from Internet

5. vs.net + lnk2019 error +lnk 1120 error

6. CString vs CStringT

7. CString vs CStringT

8. Changes in C# between VS.NET Beta and VS.NET Final versions

9. Wrong documentation or code in CStringT.MakeUpper

10. Wrong documentation or code in CStringT.MakeUpper

11. Porting C++ code from VC6 to .NET: linker issues

12. Linking error 2019 unresolved external symbol _main when porting to .NET