Handling ActiveX control events without an ActiveX container
Author Message
 Handling ActiveX control events without an ActiveX container

I have am making a program that does not have any dialogs or windows so I
cannot have an activeX container.  I am creating and working with the
control using IDispatch.  I am able to access the methods and properties of
the control just fine, but I am having trouble with catching events from it.

Does anyone have any general suggestions to catch events from the control,
knowing that I do not have an activeX container and cannot use the standard
MFC event macros?

Thank you!

Ryan

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 05:31:02 GMT
 Handling ActiveX control events without an ActiveX container
Have a look at IAdviseSink and follow the instructions there.

Quote:
> I have am making a program that does not have any dialogs or windows so I
> cannot have an activeX container.  I am creating and working with the
> control using IDispatch.  I am able to access the methods and properties
of
> the control just fine, but I am having trouble with catching events from
it.

> Does anyone have any general suggestions to catch events from the control,
> knowing that I do not have an activeX container and cannot use the
standard
> MFC event macros?

> Thank you!

> Ryan

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:02:45 GMT

1. ActiveX events, without a container.

2. add Activex control to Activex container daynamically

3. How to trap a container event within an ActiveX Control

4. handling activex control events

5. Handling events from an ActiveX Control in a DLL

6. Q:How to add event handle code for an Activex control

7. Handling ActiveX control events with CHtmlView

8. Handling events from an ActiveX control in a CFrameWnd

9. How to handle events in ActiveX control?

10. ActiveX "control-container" control

11. Control webbrowser ActiveX control in composit ActiveX control

12. Passing ActiveX Event to containers parent