retrieving a HWND hWnd from a UINT wParam
Author Message
 retrieving a HWND hWnd from a UINT wParam

Could someone help me retrieve the window handle
that is supposed to be inside of the wParam? The
documentation says that the WPARAM in my
(CBTProc type) Hook callback is a Windows handle,
so how do you convert a WPARAM which is an unsigned
int, into an HWND?

Thanks Tony

Sun, 06 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 retrieving a HWND hWnd from a UINT wParam
tony:

Why not just

HWND hWnd=(HWND)wParam;

?

HTH,

David Wilkinson

====================

Quote:

> Could someone help me retrieve the window handle
> that is supposed to be inside of the wParam? The
> documentation says that the WPARAM in my
> (CBTProc type) Hook callback is a Windows handle,
> so how do you convert a WPARAM which is an unsigned
> int, into an HWND?

> Thanks Tony

Sun, 06 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 retrieving a HWND hWnd from a UINT wParam
Oops, sorry.  I tried that earlier and made a type-o.
Thanks.
Quote:

>tony:

>Why not just

>HWND hWnd=(HWND)wParam;

Sun, 06 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 retrieving a HWND hWnd from a UINT wParam
HWND wnd = (HWND)wParam;

Quote:
>Could someone help me retrieve the window handle
>that is supposed to be inside of the wParam? The
>documentation says that the WPARAM in my
>(CBTProc type) Hook callback is a Windows handle,
>so how do you convert a WPARAM which is an unsigned
>int, into an HWND?

>Thanks Tony

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]

Web: http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer

Mon, 07 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to get HWND in ::GetDlgItem(HWND hDlg,ID_SECTIONS) before dlg.DoModal()

2. Question on HWND hDlg Parameter in ::SetDlgItemText(HWND hDlg, int nIDDlgItem, LPTSTR lpString, int nMaxCount)

3. How to get HWND in ::GetDlgItem(HWND hDlg,ID_SECTIONS) before dlg.DoModal()

4. HWND hWnd

5. Question on HWND hDlg Parameter in ::SetDlgItemText(HWND hDlg, int nIDDlgItem, LPTSTR lpString, int nMaxCount)

6. DestroyWindow( HWND hWnd ) doesnt kill window

7. Ever seen debug build HWND != release HWND

8. Retrieving the HWnd of an Explorer window

9. Retrieving a context menu's hWnd

10. Retrieving information from a ListView HWND

11. Retrieving a dialog's hWnd?

12. Retrieving wParam and lParam in ON_COMMAND handler