MFC and GDI+ ....
Author Message
 MFC and GDI+ ....

The few posts I've found on this topic haven't helped so far. I've opened a
new MFC (non-document view architecture) project with the intention of using
GDI+ for some or all of the graphics operations. My only reference to GDI+
so far is in the declaration of some variables of class "Rect".
Attempted building gives a profusion of errors. The declaration of class
"Rect" is not found, but also some data types in the GDI+ headers themselves
are not found. I'm at my wits end... [Yes, GdiPlus.h is present and found,
and GdiPlus.lib is included in the settings.]

Thanks for any advice

Peter

--
Peter Aspey
email: replace 6 by p

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 17:23:53 GMT
 MFC and GDI+ ....
have you added "using namespace Gdiplus;" ?

Quote:
> The few posts I've found on this topic haven't helped so far. I've opened a
> new MFC (non-document view architecture) project with the intention of using
> GDI+ for some or all of the graphics operations. My only reference to GDI+
> so far is in the declaration of some variables of class "Rect".
> Attempted building gives a profusion of errors. The declaration of class
> "Rect" is not found, but also some data types in the GDI+ headers themselves
> are not found. I'm at my wits end... [Yes, GdiPlus.h is present and found,
> and GdiPlus.lib is included in the settings.]

> Thanks for any advice

> Peter

> --
> Peter Aspey
> email: replace 6 by p

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 19:45:12 GMT
 MFC and GDI+ ....

Quote:
> The few posts I've found on this topic haven't helped so far. I've
> opened a new MFC (non-document view architecture) project with the
> intention of using GDI+ for some or all of the graphics operations.
> My only reference to GDI+
> so far is in the declaration of some variables of class "Rect".
> Attempted building gives a profusion of errors. The declaration of
> class "Rect" is not found, but also some data types in the GDI+
> headers themselves are not found. I'm at my wits end... [Yes,
> GdiPlus.h is present and found, and GdiPlus.lib is included in the
> settings.]

You set the namespace correctly?

--
Quentin Pouplard (Tene/MyOE)
http://graff.alrj.org

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 19:45:39 GMT
 MFC and GDI+ ....
Franz (and Quentin)
Thanks - it was that in the end. But I also had to provide a "#define
ULONG_PTR    DWORD" (!) to satisfy the GDI+ headers and that is what
confused me.
Peter

--
Peter Aspey
email: replace 6 by p

Quote:
> have you added "using namespace Gdiplus;" ?

Quote:
> > The few posts I've found on this topic haven't helped so far. I've
opened a
> > new MFC (non-document view architecture) project with the intention of
using
> > GDI+ for some or all of the graphics operations. My only reference to
GDI+
> > so far is in the declaration of some variables of class "Rect".
> > Attempted building gives a profusion of errors. The declaration of class
> > "Rect" is not found, but also some data types in the GDI+ headers
themselves
> > are not found. I'm at my wits end... [Yes, GdiPlus.h is present and
found,
> > and GdiPlus.lib is included in the settings.]

> > Thanks for any advice

> > Peter

> > --
> > Peter Aspey
> > email: replace 6 by p

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:06:36 GMT
 MFC and GDI+ ....
Hi

This typedef is done in the newer sdk.

Quote:
> Franz (and Quentin)
> Thanks - it was that in the end. But I also had to provide a "#define
> ULONG_PTR    DWORD" (!) to satisfy the GDI+ headers and that is what
> confused me.
> Peter

> --
> Peter Aspey
> email: replace 6 by p

> > have you added "using namespace Gdiplus;" ?

> > > The few posts I've found on this topic haven't helped so far. I've
> opened a
> > > new MFC (non-document view architecture) project with the intention of
> using
> > > GDI+ for some or all of the graphics operations. My only reference to
> GDI+
> > > so far is in the declaration of some variables of class "Rect".
> > > Attempted building gives a profusion of errors. The declaration of
class
> > > "Rect" is not found, but also some data types in the GDI+ headers
> themselves
> > > are not found. I'm at my wits end... [Yes, GdiPlus.h is present and
> found,
> > > and GdiPlus.lib is included in the settings.]

> > > Thanks for any advice

> > > Peter

> > > --
> > > Peter Aspey
> > > email: replace 6 by p

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:25:39 GMT

1. MFC and GDI to display HP-GL/2 files

2. Gdi+ in VC7 ?

3. c# & gdi+: painting a circle OnMouseDown

4. Dispose in gdi+

5. gdi+

6. Problem with the new operator and Gdi+ objects

7. GDI vs. GDI+

8. Help, GDI/GDI+ animation, drag-drop?

9. gdi+ unexpected error after execution of function

10. gdi+ to save jpeg, vc++ 6, win2000

11. Gdi+ Image Size

12. gdi+