Debugging Dll
Author Message
 Debugging Dll

I have the pdb file, the dll, and the source code.  I don't have the project
for the dll though.  I want to be able to step into the dll using a test
app.  So, my understanding is that I should consolidate the dll and pdb file
together.  Now - I just have to put the source code for the dll in the same
directory as the pdb and the dll - right?  I should now be able to start
stepping into the dll - correct?  Is there anything I missed?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Demir Ateser
Intermec Technologies Corp.

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:08:50 GMT
 Debugging Dll
Hi Demir,

I am not sure about if I understand your problem clearly. Do you have the
source code for the DLL? If you have it, you should can create a new
project for the DLL. Is it correct?

The process of developing a dynamic-link library (DLL) with Visual C++
usually includes debugging. To do so, we should build a debugging version
of the DLL and call it from an application. Please refer to the following
Knowledge Base article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B85221
HOW TO: Debug a Dynamic-Link Library (DLL) in Windows

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
You assume all risk for your use. ? 2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved

Wed, 14 Sep 2005 06:20:18 GMT

1. Debigging non-debug process and debug DLL

2. NON-debug DLLs in debug

3. Debugging child process, Startup .EXE for debugging DLL

4. Installation of VC++.NET DLLs (including debug DLLs)

5. Debug DLL called by DLL

6. Debugging DLL called by a DLL

7. c++ debug .dll

8. debugging DLL problem

9. debug .dll in .NET

10. debugging dll from ASP pages

11. adding symbolic info debug dll

12. How to debug .dll, .exe written in C