problems detecting a right-click even on a rich edit control
Author Message
 problems detecting a right-click even on a rich edit control
I have specified
    m_RichCtrl.SetEventMask(ENM_MOUSEEVENTS);
in OnActivateView

I have ON_NOTIFY(EN_MSGFILTER, IDC_EDITVIEW, OnRclickEditview)
and the function void CChannelView::OnRclickEditview(int uID,  MSGFILTER
lpMsgFilter)

My problem is that the function gets called when you click any of the mouse
buttons anywhere within the application.

How do I find out from lpMsgFilter whether or not the mouse is in the region
of the richedit control and if the right mouse button was clicked?
Or am I going about this the wrong way?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Mark Gilbert, Scissorsoft
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:33:29 GMT
 problems detecting a right-click even on a rich edit control
why don't you just subclass the control and trap the WM_RBUTTONxxx
messages?

--
TSEK-IT: http://personal-pages.ps.ic.ac.uk/~umeca74/
2xExplorer R7 just made windows Explorer obsolete

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Wed, 25 Jun 2003 00:23:01 GMT

1. Right-mouse button in Rich Edit control

2. Right-mouse button in Rich Edit control

3. Righ Click on a Rich Edit Control

4. Right-click on edit control or combo box...

5. Rich Edit Control Printing Problem (like the print preview problem)

6. Using Rich Edit Control or ip address control in a composite control

7. Problem with printing content of a Rich-Edit ActiveX Control

8. Problems with Syntax Coloring in Rich Edit Control!

9. Rich edit control problem (Focus not changing with tab)

10. Rich Edit Control problems in Windows 2000

11. stock font problems in a (rich) edit control / view

12. Frustrating Rich Edit control problem