32 bit Global Subclassing win System Hook Proc.
Author Message
 32 bit Global Subclassing win System Hook Proc.

Does anybody have a list (or know where I can get one) of the possible
system hooks that can be specified in the SetWindowsHookEx function??

I have found a few examples that show how to detect mouse clicks & key
strokes, but I've heard this is the only way to globally subclass window
classes under 95/NT.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

                        Thanks,
                                -Mike

Tue, 03 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 32 bit Global Subclassing win System Hook Proc.

You probably want to pass 'WH_CALLWNDPROC' as the first param to the
SetWindowsHookEx function.  If you want to hook all messages globally, pass
a '0' as the last param.  If you want a particular window's messages, pass
it's threadID as the last param.  (Thread ID's can be retrieved easily from
the 'GetWindowThreadProcess' call).  By the way, the hook function must be
in a dll for this function since the code gets 'installed' into the address
space of the thread specified.  A small dll written in C is a great idea if
you don't want to be a memory hog.

Cross process subclassing is not available under Win32 using the standard
'SetWindowLong' syntax.

A good reference book on hooks and dll's is 'Advanced Visual C++ 4' from
M&T Books.

Wed, 04 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. CBT Hook from 32 bit on a 16 bit app

2. CBT Hook from 32 bit on a 16 bit app

3. CBT Hook from 32 bit on a 16 bit app

4. Building 16 bit dll for my mfc 32 bit application for win 95

5. Calling a 16-bit system DLL from my 32-bit exe

6. 32 BIT HOOK PROBLEM

7. 32-bit VC 2.2 DLLs with 32-bit VB4

8. top 32 bits of 64-bit product of two 32-bit integers

9. Linking 32 bit VC++4.2 DLLs with VB4.0 32 bit

10. 32 bit Icons and C# VS.net (24 bit + 8 bit alpha)

11. 32 bit C compiler for systems running windowsNT

12. signed 64bit (aka 32:32 bit) pseudo division and multiplication