Getting cursor position and text from OE compose window (Internet Explorer_Server)
Author Message
 Getting cursor position and text from OE compose window (Internet Explorer_Server)

Hi!

I'm developing a word prediction aid/spell checker for dyslexic users,
and would like to support OE, as well as general Edit/RichEdit control
based programs. Apparently the main editing window of OE is of the
type "Internet Explorer_Server", which apparently means that I can get
a IHTMLDocument2 interface for it. My problem now is how to get the
equivalent of the current text and caret position from this interface.
Being quite new to COM programming in general (and the IHTMLDocument
interface specifically), I'm starting from scratch here...

Can someone help me out with som samples? I'm already aware of the
documentation at MSDN etc., but find it hard to get a handle on, how
to proceed from there.

Sincerely
  Anders S. Johansen, cand. scient.

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:40:51 GMT

1. How to put out some text at cursor position in any window

2. Q: Getting cursor position

3. rich text box cursor position?

4. how to set the position of the text-cursor ?!°

5. Determining cursor position in text box in C++ .NET

6. setting the position of the text cursor

7. Getting the cursor back?!?!? (in text mode)

8. problem:Getting window's text from other process-difference between text and title

9. : How to find current cursor position in app window

10. Cursor position in Edit control window of a dialog

11. Getting window handle without matching window caption text

12. Getting window positions