Start App when Windows starts
Author Message
 Start App when Windows starts

Does anyone know how to start your application automatically when windows
starts, if possible before logon and else after logon.

I used the registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Run,
but this is easely to detect for most users.
I want it to be 'invisible' if you know what I mean.

The program is written in VC++ 6.0

Thanks Wouter.

Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Start App when Windows starts
You will probably want to consider converting your app to an NT "service" if
you need to run it before anyone logs in.  This is a fair amount of work,
but once you work through it once, it's not all that tricky.

Tom

Quote:

>Does anyone know how to start your application automatically when windows
>starts, if possible before logon and else after logon.

>I used the registry entry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Run,
Quote:
>but this is easely to detect for most users.
>I want it to be 'invisible' if you know what I mean.

>The program is written in VC++ 6.0

>Thanks Wouter.

Tue, 05 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Start/no start app using command line?

2. App not starting in start in dir.

3. Make an app auto run after Windows starts up

4. Start app with windows

5. Make an app auto run after Windows starts up

6. C++ App doesn't start in Windows NT

7. how to start an app from another app?

8. How to start another app through my app

9. how to start an app from another app?

10. how to minimize program started with Process.Start

11. Starting a CMD and making sure it is not started twice

12. Start selection dialog before the application starts ...