Visual C++ 6.0 on Windows 98 Second Edition
Author Message
 Visual C++ 6.0 on Windows 98 Second Edition

Hello,

I am running into a really strange problem and I can't figure out
where to begin to find the problem.  I have recently installed
Visual C++ 6.0 on a computer with Windows 98 Second Edition
(standard English version).

When I choose File-->Open in the studio, instead of a file dialog
with the standard 'Open' title, I see a file dialog with '____'
in the title.  The same happens for Save and Save As.  Another
odd behavior is when closing a modified file, instead of the
usual message 'Save changes to Text1?' I get this for the message:
'Text1 ______________?'

I am guessing that there is a problem with the common dialogs
and strings associated with those dialogs, but I don't know where
to start to try and fix the problem.  Is it an incompatibility
between the OS and VC++ or is it this particular computer?  The
same problem occurs on another computer with Windows 98 SE, but
both are Dell computers with similar components.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Thuy.

Sun, 26 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compatibility of Visual C++ 6.0 98/NT with Windows ME

2. Windows 98 Windows NT Visual C++ V1.52 and low level graphics

3. Windows 98 / Visual C++ 5.0 (sp3) Build problem - PLEASE HELP

4. Windows 98 and 2000 with Visual C++

5. Windows 98 and Visual C++ Problem.

6. Visual C++ V5.0 and Windows 98

7. Visual C++ 6.0 Enterprise Edition Crash

8. unable to access profiler in Visual Studio 6.0 c++ enterprise edition, profile dialog disabled

9. HELP! Visual C++ 6.0 Introductory Edition install problem

10. Visual C++ 6.0 Standatd Edition

11. Help...Visual C++ 6.0 Introductory Edition

12. HELP! Visual C++ 6.0 Introductory Edition install problem